To install the latest Windows update:
- Type Windows Updates in your Search bar.
- Select Check for updates.
- Click the Check for updates button.
After the check has been run the application will list any available updates, if applicable.
- Install any updates listed.
Once all updates are downloaded and installed, your computer will need to restart. Allow the restart so the updates can be applied.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Select Windows Update.
Note: If the View by dropdown list is set to Category, change it to Large icons or Small icons (whichever you prefer), to view individual options among each category.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
If Windows is not up-to-date, the shield is yellow and the number of updates available is indicated.
- Click Install updates.
- Click Restart when prompted to finish the update.
Repeat steps 4-6 until no further updates become available.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!