The error message 3212 The Object Encoding Type is required and must be equal to Base64 is displayed when submitting a UCD XML file through the Fannie Mae UCD portal.
The borrower name was not specified in document management when the Closing Disclosure data was saved.
Specify the borrower, and co-borrower if applicable, in the document in the document repository.
To specify the borrower and co-borrower:
- Open the loan associated with the UCD XML that caused the error.
- Select eLoanFile > Document Management from the main menu.
- Double-click the Closing Disclosure that you used to export the UCD XML.
The Document Information Preview is displayed.
- Select the Borrower, and Co-Borrower if applicable, from the corresponding dropdown lists.
- Save the loan.
- Add the Closing Disclosure to the document repository.
Refer to knowledge base article 5800 Preparing a loan for UCD export for information about adding the Closing Disclosure to the document repository.
- Export the data to UCD XML. Refer to knowledge base article 5500 Exporting data to UCD XML for instructions to export the data to a UCD XML file.
- Submit the UCD XML file to the GSE.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!