The warning message 3026 Ability to Repay Method Type is required and must be a valid enumeration is displayed when submitting a UCD XML file through the Fannie Mae UCD portal.
The UCD XML file will proceed to upload to the GSE, however, the file will not be accepted.
QM was selected from the Ability to Repay Method dropdown list on the eLoanFile > Additional Information screen in the QM section. QM is a required repayment option per the Ability to Repay Act. However, the GSEs will accept only Exempt and General as repayment options in UCD submittals.
Select Exempt or General from the Ability to Repay Method dropdown list.
- Open the loan associated with the UCD XML that caused the error.
- Select eLoanFile > Additional Information from the main menu.
- Scroll to the QM section and select Exempt or General from the Ability to Repay Method dropdown list.
- Save the loan.
- Add the Closing Disclosure to the document repository.
Refer to knowledge base article 5800 Preparing a loan for UCD export for information about adding the Closing Disclosure to the document repository.
- Export the data to UCD XML.
Refer to knowledge base article 5500 Exporting data to UCD XML for instructions to export the data to a UCD XML file.
- Submit the UCD XML file to the GSE.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!