The Closing Disclosure stored in the Point document repository is used in the UCD export. For a successful UCD export, ensure your loan is properly prepared.
To prepare a loan for UCD export:
- Create a new loan or open an existing loan.
- Open page 3 of the Closing Disclosure and scroll to the Summaries of Transaction section.
The data from the fields outlined in red are included in the UCD export.
- Enter the applicable information for this loan.
Note: It is not necessary to complete the UCD fields on page 3 of the Closing Disclosure for refinance loans that use the alternative form.
- Click the Payoffs & Payments button on the task bar to open the Payoffs and Payments screen.
The data from the Prepay Penalty fields and the associated liability type are included in the UCD export.
- Click the Copy From Liabilities button to populate the fields with liabilities that are marked for payoff on the Loan Application.
- Enter the prepayment penalty, if applicable, for any liabilities that are being paid off early.
- Select eLoanFile > Additional Loan Data from the main menu and scroll to the QM section.
Note: To automatically populate the QM fields with the QM report data, refer to knowledge base article 5000 Running final QM and populating the data in Point for instructions to follow when you run the final QM report.
- Enter the data applicable to this loan in these fields.
Important: The GSEs do not accept QM as an ability to repay option. To ensure your UCD submission is accepted by the GSE, select either Exempt or General from the Ability to Repay Method dropdown list.
All QM data is included in the UCD export.
- Select Track > Agent List from the main menu.
- Enter the License Authority and the Authority URL for the following agents, if applicable:
Scroll to the Seller section.
Indicate whether the seller is an Individual or a Legal Entity (business or corporation).
If you selected Legal Entity, enter the company name in the Legal Entity field.
Add the Closing Disclosure to the document repository.
- Real Estate Broker (Buyer)
- Real Estate Broker (Seller)
- Closing Agent
- Select eLoanFile > Document Management.
- Click the Add button and select Add Point Form in the Add Selection dialog box. The Borrower Forms dialog box is displayed.
- Select the Closing Disclosure pages, select Store as one file, and click the Store button.
- Enter a Document Name.
- Click OK.
After the pages are converted to PDF format, the Document Information Preview is displayed.
Notice the document Category and Type. Single documents are automatically assigned a category and type. If multiple documents are stored as one, the user must assign the category and type.
The following document types are eligible for UCD export:
- Closing Disclosure: Standard
- Closing Disclosure: Alternative
- Closing Disclosure: Borrower Only
Note: If the eligible document types are not available in the Types dropdown menu refer to knowledge base article 6730 UCD document category or type options are not available in document management.
Select Closing from the Category dropdown list.
Select one of the allowable types for UCD export from the Type dropdown list.
Select the Borrower and Co-Borrower from the dropdown lists.
If the borrower signature is required, specify the Signature Type and enter the date the document was signed.
Click the Add button to add the page to the repository.
Close the Document Management dialog box.
Export the UCD XML.
See knowledge base article 5500 Exporting data to UCD XML for instructions to export the closing data to UCD XML.
For more information about using Document Management, refer to the Electronic Document Storage chapter in the Point User Guide.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!