Changes made in Point Administrator are not applied to Point. This occurs when Point is installed on Windows 7, 8/8.1, or 10.
Windows update prevents the winpoint.ini file from updating properly.
Run Point Administrator as the Administrator
Go to C:\winpoint.
Right-click pointadmin.exe and select Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab.
Select the Run this program as an administrator check box in the (Privilege Level) section.
Open Point Administrator. If your changes do not save, perform the next resolution.
Delete the winpoint.ini file from the virtual store and assign full control access to the winpoint.ini file in the Windows folder.
- Click the Windows Start icon.
- Select your username from the start menu.
- Select Organize > Folder and Search Options or Tools > Folder Option.
- Click the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Select Show hidden files and folders.
- Click OK.
If using Windows 8/10:
- Click View.
- Select the Hidden Items check box.
- Go to C:\Users\Appdata\Local\Virtual Store\Windows.
- Right-click the winpoint.ini file and click Delete.
- After deleting the file, click the Windows Start icon.
- Select Computer.
- Go to C:\Windows.
- Right-click the winpoint.ini file and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click the Edit button.(If the Edit button is not enabled, contact your network administrator for access.)
- Select Users... in the Permissions for winpoint dialog box.
- Select the Allow check box for Full Control.
- Click OK to accept the permission changes.
Click OK to close dialog box again.
- Open Point Administrator and make your adjustments.
- Exit Point Administrator and open Point.