Important: All users must exit point while the update is performed.
Organizations with more than 50 users
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise or Standard Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise or Standard Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise or Standard Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Workgroup, Standard, or Enterprise Edition.
Organizations with fewer than 50 users
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition, with latest service pack.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition with tools (32-bit/64-bit), with latest service pack.
Important: Back up your SQL database before continuing with the update.
Note: These are general instructions for updating PointCentral from one version to another. The PointCentral, SQL, and other software versions in this information might differ from your configuration.
- Log in to MyCalyx.com on the PointCentral server.
- Click Download Server Software.
- Select the version you are updating to and click Download.
- Scroll down to select the Install or Update PointCentral link on the PointCentral Installation page.
- Specify whether to Run or Save the installation executable.
The following dialog box is displayed.
- Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreementand click Next.
- Click Next to accept the default installation location.
Note: If the installation location is different than the default, click Change…, navigate to the preferred installation path, and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- When the installation is finished, click Finish.
When the PointCentral installation is complete, the PointCentral - Configuration Wizard is displayed.
Note: Your Company Name and Account ID are populated in the Company Name and Account ID fields.
- Click Next.
- Select the SQL version that is currently installed and click Next.
- Enter your SQL SA Password and click Next. (This password was created when you initially installed SQL Server.)
Note: The SQL Server Name and Named Instance are populated by default.
Since you are updating PointCentral, the Configuration Wizard will detect your existing PointCentral database.
- Click Next to upgrade your existing database.
When the database update is complete the Database Verification Complete dialog box is displayed.
The locations of the PointCentral Database and PointCentral configuration files are shown.
- Click Next to continue.
- Specify whether your PointCentral server uses a Calyx Resolver service or your custom DNS and SSL Certificate.
- Click Next.
If no changes are needed, click Next to accept the default settings.
- If you selected Use my custom DNS solution and SSL Certificate, click Next and skip to Step 20.
- If you selected Use the Calyx Resolver Service, the Calyx Resolver Domain Name and IP address dialog box is displayed.
The Calyx Resolver Name and IP Address Confirmation dialog box contains the URLs for your admin page and database service.
Click Next to proceed.
Click Finish to complete the PointCentral Upgrade.
PointCentral requires a MyCalyx Digital Key to manage users and licenses. The MyCalyx Digital Key refreshes monthly and is synchronized with your MyCalyx.com account.
PointCentral automatically obtains the MyCalyx Digital Key every month. However, if the server is not able to communicate with the MyCalyx.com server due to Internet access problems or restrictions, you must manually copy the MyCalyx Digital Key from MyCalyx.com to the PointCentral Administration page.
To refresh the key manually, click the MyCalyx Digital Key button on the MyCalyx PointCentral download page and copy the key to PointCentral Administration.
See knowledge base article 0818 MyCalyx Digital Key for more information about the MyCalyx Digital Key.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!