When attempting to open a Point file, an error occurs: "The loan you have requested is currently not accessible. PDS Error Code -38."
- The data folders are not synchronized.
- Permissions are not set for IUSR or Network Service on the Server.
This article is exclusively for the Point Data Server Administrator.
Set Permissions for the Network Service and IUSR account used by IIS
- Go to the PDS server.
- Set NTFS Permissions to Full Control for both the Network Service and IUSR account at C:\Program files\Calyx Software.
From the Security window, click Advanced and check the box to force permissions to all child objects.
- Stop and Start the CalyxPDS Filesync service from Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
Synchronize Data Folders
All users must exit Point prior to synchronizing data folders.
- Log into the PDS Administration page, (https://yourpdsserverurl/admin).
- Go to Configuration > Parameters.
The next step is to change the PointCentral security key. This will prevent users from accessing the PointCentral server and interrupting the synchronization process.
Please write down the exact security key, before changing it, because you will need to put the security key back to what it was originally after the synchronization has completed.
- Change the Organization Security Key.
Note: It is very important that you write down the exact security key, before changing it, because you will need to put the security key back to what it was originally after the synchronization has completed.
- Change the Security Key.
- Click Save.
- Go to Configuration > Point Fields > Custom Fields.
- From the Custom Fields page, insert a check to force a full synchronization of all data folders and then click Rebuild PDS Custom Field Table.
- Click the Status link from the left pane. This will show the synchronization status of every data folder. Once the synchronization as finished, go to Configuration > Parameters.
- Change the security key back to what it was originally.
- Click Save.
- The Point user's can now work in the Point software.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!