Auto File Naming allows Point to name files according to numerical parameters that you set. Each file is then saved as a loan number. This article contains instructions for enabling auto file naming for both Point and PointCentral.
To assign a loan number or lender case number:
- Select Utilities > Auto File Naming> Prospect or Borrower.
- >Select the Enable Auto File Naming check box.
- Specify the settings for your auto numbering scheme:
- Select the Use Prefix check box to preface account numbers with a fixed set of characters and enter those characters in the empty field.
- Select the Use Year check box to include the current year in the account number and specify whether you want a 1-digit, 2-digit, or 4-digit year format.
- Select the Use Month check box to include the current month in the account number and specify whether you want a 1-digit or 2-digit month format.
- Select the Use Day check box to include the day of the month in the account number.
- Specify the number of digits you want to include in the auto numbering counter. For example, selecting 3 would add a three-digit counter starting at 001 after the prefix and date; selecting 2 would start the counter at 01; and selecting 1, would start the counter at 1.
Enable Auto File naming for PointCentral
- Contact your PointCentral Administrator
- The Administrator will need to log into the PointCentral Administration website.
- Go to Data Folders > List Data Folders.
- Click Edit next to the folder to which you want enable auto file naming.
- Enter the appropriate parameters for your naming scheme and then click Update.
- The user will need to close and open Point and then next time they save a loan file, it will save as all numbers.
To save an existing file using the file naming scheme that you have set:
- Open the Point file.
- Click File > Save As.
- The filename will automatically set to the next file number - click Save.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!