When you submit a file to Fannie Mae, an error occurs: "Request Error: 403: Forbidden"
The e-mail address field has invalid characters or there are security settings on the computer preventing Point from communicating with Fannie Mae.
Remove any invalid characters in the e-mail address
- Go to the Borrower Information screen.
- Check the borrower and co-borrower e-mail address for a greater than or less than symbol, (< >).
- Remove the e-mail address and re-enter it without the < > symbols.
Internet Security Settings are too high
- Minimize Point.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, click the General tab.
- In the Temporary Internet Files section:
Click the Security tab.
In the Security level for this zone section, click Reset All zones to default level.
Click the Programs tab.
At the bottom of the window, check the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser box. (For Internet Explorer version 6, click Reset Web Settings.)
Click the Advanced tab and then click Restore Advanced Settings.
Use the scroll bar to scroll to the bottom of the Settings list. Be sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are checked.
Open Point and re-submit the file to Fannie Mae.
- (For Internet Explorer 6) Click Delete Cookies and Delete Files.
- (For Internet Explorer 7) Click Delete. In the Delete Browsing History window, click Delete All.
There is a firewall installed blocking Point
(You may need to contact the network administrator if there is a firewall installed)
A firewall can prohibit Point from communicating with the internet. If there is a firewall installed, disable it or configure the firewall to allow Point to access the internet.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!