Default lists for both categories and types are provided by default. You can add new categories and types and edit existing categories and types.
- Document categories are used in the Document Management facility to identify the category of a document.
- Document types are used in the Document Management facility to further identify the document within the category.
Adding document categories and types
- From the menu bar, select Utilities > Company Defaults > Document Categories/Types.
- From the Document Categories dialog box, click Add or Edit.
- From the Document Types dialog box, enter the Category Name. (Ex. Income.)
- You can add or edit document types that fall under the category by clicking the Add or Edit buttons. (Ex. IRS W2, Pay Stub, Tax Return, etc...)
- Enter a Type Name and click OK.
- Click OK when finished.
Using document categories and types
The document categories and types can be accessed from the Document Management window, when adding or editing a document. The category and type are automatically defaulted when you add a document from the Point forms menu.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!